Tuesday, April 27, 2010

...Through Faith...

Our second daughter's birth was rapid. She was breathing in my arms so quickly that we had time to call no one. My husband arrived at the hospital minutes late for her arrival. Once we called everyone to announce her arrival, most were overjoyed. Except for her. I was in tears after our phone conversation. Still emotional from the rapid events of the day, and surprised she thought I didn't care enough to let her know. My body still aching from the wondrous event, my heart shriveling from the hurt she had caused, I phoned my husband and through the tears relayed the words spoken from her mouth. Anger pulsing through his words, he tried to console me.

Giving birth to a perfect little gift from God should be a joyous time. I can't help feel that some of that was stolen from me that night.

No comments: