Friday, April 23, 2010

Found her Prince....

Who was this man? With his Budweiser in hand, he said "Good morning." She peers around from his right, says "Meet DC." I'm a polite child, I say hello and return to my bedroom. He never leaves. He now lives with us. It wasn't long before I realized this man was no man, he was a monster.

She says "He's a good man, treats me right". They drink often. Party much. Marijuana is often in his pocket.

I find safe havens at a school friend's house or with a nice lady named Terri. I like going to their homes. I have fun and everything seems so carefree.

He likes to hunt and fish. Oh, and drink too. One time, after much bantering from her, he takes us to a cabin with him. Somewhere along the way we stop so he can have a drink with someone, a relative maybe? I'm not sure who. It was late and I was tired. I'm sitting in the floor listening to them discuss something I don't quite understand at the age of 7.5 years. She leaves the room. He looks at me and says, "My feet are cold. Come sit on them." I do it. I just didn't know why he wanted me to. This was the first time he violated me. I didn't understand what he was doing, or why his hand so forcefully held my shoulder down to keep me from moving away from his feet. Even after she returned to the room, this did not stop him. She sits beside him on the couch while his feet are under me, causing feelings of shame and dirtiness in me that I've never experienced in all the other dark events in my young life. We leave. I huddle in the backseat, crying tears of emotions that are far beyond my years.

No comments: