Friday, April 23, 2010

..The Evil Queen

The house was burning. The call came in the darkness. Our home was smoldering in ashes. The walls would no longer bear those horrific stains. Returned to the earth as mere particles of dust, however, the memories still remain.

We lived with her sister for a little while during our search for a new home. Only one event during that time bears mentioning. I met my father at age 7. My brother concealed the meeting. I received one folded $5 bill. It was nice to see him again.

Over the next few months she purchased a home and slowly refurbished it. Something in her changed over the next few months. I didn't see her often. One night she left, the next morning I woke to find a new man on the couch. This event would alter the course of the rest of my life.

No comments: