Tuesday, April 27, 2010

...And With Time...

Courtship was tumultuous; Because she disliked him, things were difficult for us. I didn't understand because prior to my interest in him, she had no qualms about even the worst boys. He was good, great even. I fought daily to spend even a few moments with him.

My battles were his battles. He asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! When she tried to separate us, he was there for me. I still do no understand why he stuck it out. I know it was very difficult for him and most would have split after only a few episodes of her drama; he didn't.

I applied for early graduation from high school. I had a perfect 4.0 and all the credits I needed for graduation. I was granted my request.

My 18th birthday seemed to crawl closer and closer. We had planned to marry privately with the Justice of the Peace. She said the least I could do was permit her to see her baby get married. It worked. We planned around her and my sister's schedule and was married in a preacher's living room. Finally, I was free.

No comments: