Tuesday, May 4, 2010

...Have We Overcome...

Pleasant opportunities are God's gifts to us, if we choose to accept them. Hidden, sometimes, by our own unwillingness to accept change, if only we will open ourselves up to be readily available for change, we may receive something more than we could have ever hoped for.

Purchasing our first home was exciting, yet very nerve wrecking. We were blessed with a huge amount of land and just enough bedrooms and bathrooms. We felt so thankful, that while some thought we'd never have anything, we proved them very wrong.

Standing in the kitchen, at the island I always wanted, cleaning the dishes after a long day, I can look out the windows and God's masterpieces of nature, rolling mountain after mountain, to remind me how miraculous life can be and is.

There was a moment after everything was final, just before moving in, that something inside of me changed, reversed even. I felt accomplished. I felt proven. I felt good. Mostly, I felt amazed that finally, finally everything seemed just right in the world.

On my kitchen wall, the same room as the revelation, are the words to remind me of this moment. I can't help but smile when I read them:

"Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God." --Job 37:14

No comments: